Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shoe Makeover

Two months ago I went through some of my old clothing and shoes to take to the second hand store when I came across an old pair of high heels. I couldn't bring myself  to give them away but they were so out dated and really didn't match anything in my closet. I was left with only one option, and that was to revamp them.

I will be using the following items:
  • Seem ripper
  • Black enamel paint
  • Pyramid rivet studs


My first step was to remove the ruffle pleats from the T strap using a seem ripper.


I cleaned the shoe with an all purpose cleaner and then painted the entire shoe with a black enamel craft paint and let it dry. I applied a second coat to ensure I didn't leave any streaks and let it fully dry overnight. After making sure that it didn't need a third coat, I began to attach the pyramid rivet stud on the T strap one by one from the bottom to the top.


And PRESTO!
The shoe has been transformed!

-Maki

0 comments:

Post a Comment